June 21, 2011

YarnBomb!

Coming from the Berkeley, and having worked in the entertainment and food & beverage industries, I'm used to seeing and participating in all kinds of creative expression.  I love working with artists of all kinds and exploring my own creativity.

I particularly like public art and new ways to push the envelope.  When I left the San Francisco Bay Area heading to suburban Virginia for training, I figured my days of seeing spontaneous bursts of public art were over for a while.

But I was wrong!  I saw some urban art on my way to FSI this morning and it was very exciting!

At the bus stop on the corner of Wilson and S. George Mason.

It's a YarnBomb!

Wikipedia states that yarnbombing is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted cloth rather than paint or chalk.

Here's a link to a yarnbomb that happened at the Berkeley Library.


And there's even a book!




1 comment:

  1. aw, we noticed this today and I was wondering with the kids what/why. How awesome! It made me happy.

    ReplyDelete